Income Tax Planning
- Our team is well-versed in the 9,000+ pages of Internal Revenue Code and associated IRS regulations
- In regular tax planning meetings, your tax team will review your projected net profits for the current tax year, forecast your federal and state tax amounts, and propose a variety of tax mitigation options for you to consider before year-end
- Our customized tax planning suggestions are explained in easy-to-understand terms and we disclose the tax savings of each suggestion
- Each proposed tax planning suggestion will be simply explained, and the tax savings of each suggestion will be disclosed. We will work together with you to determine the best plans to institute for the current year.
Examples of some tax strategies can be found in the Planning Center
Estate Tax Planning
- Our tax team and qualified estate attorneys work together to propose and implement estate tax mitigation strategies to limit or eliminate the costly impact of estate taxes
- Estate Tax planning is critical for clients who surpass accumulated wealth thresholds. The highest federal and state combined estate tax rate is 60% and would be assessed on the fair market value of your accumulated wealth over $12,060,000 for single individuals or $24,120,000 for married couples.
In preparation for a consultation with our team, please complete the attached statement of your individual assets and liabilities and estate questionnaire. [link to an Excel Spreadsheet and estate questionnaire.]
- Linked Accounting provides business owners with the relevant information and ideas regarding succession planning and exit strategies.
- An upcoming business sale may be the only experience like it in your life. Our consultants have helped hundreds of owners navigate the complexities of a business exit.
- It’s best to start planning 2-3 years prior to your proposed sale timeframe. Engaging our team early ensures you have the most options open to you. We offer guidance on:
- Timing of your business sale
- Expectations of your future buyer
- How to find a buyer
- Estimating the value of your business, including acceptable owner add-backs to your annual cash flows
- Forecasted net cash from a business sale and how to preserve and grow it
- Business sale tax mitigation strategies
- Legal documents required to properly memorialize the details of your sale transaction
- Your next steps after a business sale
- Our team will help you evaluate a potential acquisition by thoroughly analyzing the following considerations:
- Historic cash flow
- Quality of earnings
- Tax compliance issues
- Accounting systems and procedures of the target organization
- Confirmations of receivables and payables balances
- Working capital
The accounting industry is riddled with professionals who primarily focus on filling the role of “historians.” By contrast, our Management Committee is also highly focused on your future. Linked Accounting’s forward-looking team is keenly aware of both the financial history of your organization as well as your future goals. Areas of focused planning include income tax mitigation, strategies to limit or avoid the estate tax, and business transition plans.